How do you count lines?
- We use state of the art line counting software that meets and exceeds the "American Transcription Association" standards. If you have a preference we will use any commercial created software that meets national or generally accepted standards. Upon request we will furnish you a copy of the software.
How often and how do you bill your customers?
- We invoice weekly with a net 15 days from date of receipt. We email, mail, and/or fax invoices. We accept payment by check and/or credit card.
Who transcribes the dictated letters and/or reports?
- We have employees located through out the United States. We have contractors located in India. All of our transcriptionists are veterans and most are of American nationality. We have several off-shore American citizens transcribing.
Do you have errors or what is your error percentage?
- Our error rate is 0%, or we are 100% accurate. We do sampling rates twice a year with selected cardiovascular clinics. In the content of the reports and/or letters sampled there was nothing greater than .03% of 500 reports where errors in the content of the reports and/or letters sampled. This equates to less than 1% error rate. We do have errors coming from the professional doing the dictating giving us incorrect demographic info including incorrect patient name or referring physician name spelling.
Is there a minimum volume of dictation that your require?
- No, we do not require a minimum volume of dictation.
How is the HIPAA privacy for multiple sites ensured?
- Privacy, HIPAA and otherwise is ensured by following all the guidelines stated in the HIPAA policy.
Do we need to purchase a particular computer program or hardware to use medical transcription services?
- A digital voice recorder is the only hardware or appliance that is needed herein. It is need to record the dictations. We recommend our clients buy Olympus or Sony recorders as these are accompanied by the necessary hardware, software, and operations manuals.
Can I add more locations/doctors/volumes to our existing process and how do I do it?
- Yes, as a client you can definitely add new locations /doctors to an existing process. A prior intimation of the adding of more volume, new doctors or new locations is necessary in this regard. The delivery of the transcriptions would be dependant on the extra volume of work that would be coming in.
Can you use templates or formats according to the client’s specifications?
- We have proven experience of catering to all the demands and requirements of our clients in this regard.
WIn Easy’s transcription terms, what constitutes a line?
- We count a 65-character line where a character is defined as any letter, number or symbol necessary for the final appearance and content of a document, including the space bar. To fully understand this, take a transcribed document and open it in Word 97 or greater. Go to Tools, select Word Count and note the value shown next to “Characters (with spaces)” and divide this by 65.
Are there any ancillary fees associated with your transcription services?